Healthy Holiday Tips
Remember these tips to keep your energy up and stress and waist line down through the holidays!
- Don’t skip breakfast
- Go easy on the appetizers
- Use a smaller plate
- Chew slowly
- Dim the lights – studies show it helps us consume less
- Beware of danger foods that hide sneaky high fat/sugar ingredients (e.g., green bean casserole)
- Serve yourself moderate sized portions
- Skip the seconds
- Don’t deny dessert, but remember tip #9!
- Get enough sleep!
By Carla M. Defuria, MBA, RDN, LDN, CPT
Jacksonville Registered Dietician Nutritionist
@ Acupuncture & Holistic Health Center
Follow And Like Us!