Healthy Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Homemade Crock Pot Cranberry Sauce
Canned cranberry sauce is full of high fructose corn syrup and added sugars. Ditch the can and make homemade cranberry sauce instead! It’s quick and easy. Just toss the ingredients in your slow cooker and let it do the work!
- 2 lbs Fresh Cranberries
- Zest and Juice of 1 Large Navel Orange
- 1 Cup Coconut Palm Sugar** (I cut the sugar in ½ here)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Cinnamon Stick (optional)
*This recipe can be halved or doubled easily
**Coconut palm sugar is a good alternative to white sugar and is lower on the glycemic index, making it a better option for those managing their blood sugar.
- Combine ingredients in large slow cooker. Cover.
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours. Stir every hour or so.
- Remove lid, turn off slow cooker and allow cranberry sauce to sit for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to an airtight container for refrigeration.
- Serve hot or cold.
Recipe adapted from: